Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sooo how 'bout those Rats...


As I'd hoped yesterday, I did manage to get some more time in the world of New Eden. I've been in the process of training Crusiers to level 3 in order to begin training Battleships. My understanding is Battleships are nice and all, but it seems like the majority of the EVE community could "take them or leave them" for fleet ops. So, I almost feel like I'm training to fly a ship that, in the long run, isn't as useful as the others. That being said, I can't help myself. I just love the Rokh.


See, she's just so damn pretty!

Now, I don't mean to draw the ire of the Battleship community in EVE. Don't get me wrong. I think they're awesome. I love them. It's just my impression that most of the community doesn't care (either for or against) for them. That being said, it seems like the only time the community likes to have them around is for large (and I mean large) fleet operations - think POS siege.

Nevertheless, I continued my progression to flying the Rokh. This morning, before heading off to work, I sat Vasavia down at a desk and I explained to her that she WAS going to learn Battleships 3 faster then 1D 15H and some odd seconds. She, of course, rolled her eyes at me. I knew she was right too. So, in about a day and a half I'll have the ability to fly my beloved Rokh. I don't quite have the isk to purchase the Rokh yet though.

I also ran a couple lvl 2 missions last night. The rats in these lvl 2 missions are much tougher than their lvl 1 counter-parts. More so then I had antcipated anyway. It ended up being a more lucrative night last night then the previous evening had been. After running those two missions, I earned around 350k from the mission payouts, and with all the loot and salvaged materials I ended up with an addition 2.8 million.

Not a bad night at all.


2 comments:

  1. I'll suggest that you work on support skills for at least a few weeks before taking out one of these behemoths into combat. You'll see fantastic gains in ship capabilities & power if you do.

    I attempted to rush into battleships first with the Typhoon, then with the Tempest. It was a short lived investigation. Lacking proper support skills & T2 weaponry can mean smaller hulls, such as Battlecruisers & Heavy Assault Ships would be more effective than their larger, higher SP required cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more with you about training up the support skills. It'll probably be awhile though before I see any yarring action in my Rokh. I'm currently planning on training up AFs, and possibly Ceptors (since I'll basically be there anyway as I train AFs). Next I'll more then likely start brushing up my support skills for BCs and gross training for different races' BCs.

    ReplyDelete