Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Warning - Killboard hyperlinks

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE HYPERLINKS LINKING TO MY ALLIANCE'S KILLBOARD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!

I'm sorry to have to address this, but it appears a former alliance member who also was the site admin for my alliance's killboard has decided to be childish. If you click on a hyperlink to my kills on my alliance's killboard, when your browser tries to load it you will be bombarded by a series of pop-ups with some rather disgusting pics. According to another alliance member it appears that not only are there these unpleasant pop-ups, but it appears that the site attempts to install a worm onto your pc. The fact that someone would do something this low speaks to what type of person he is. So, please, do not click on any links to my kills I've hyperlinked in ALL of my previous postings until further notice. We are working on getting a new killboard, until then I need to go through all my posts and remove the hyperlinks, this will take me sometime, but I wanted all too be warned of this until I can get them all removed.

If you clicked on one of the hyperlinks to the killboard in the last 48hours or so please update your anti-virus and run a full scan for yourself.

I'll edit this post when I have removed the hyperlinks. Once the new Killboard is up, I'll link to the new KB.

Again, DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE HYPERLINKS!!!

Fun times on the internetz.
____________________________________________________________________

Update: Okay, I've gone through the blog and removed the killboard links I had placed in my previous posts. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any. If you see one that looks related to a kill just leave me a comment refering to the post title and I'll look into and get it taken care of. I believe the alliance is still trying to get a new killboard up and running - will start linking to new killmails when we have one in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment